This course looks at the impact ADHD can have on a student’s life and shows how you can make your classroom and practice more inclusive for students with ADHD.
What does this course cover?
You will learn how to better understand the needs of students with ADHD and develop strategies to improve learning outcomes. You will:
- explore the possible causes of ADHD and learn about its distinguishing characteristics, its prevalence, and behaviours commonly associated with ADHD
- learn how to assess individual needs arising from ADHD, identify and assess environmental triggers and create SMART goals for individual students
- discover the seven ground rules for successful intervention and learn how to devise your own interventions
- explore different types of interventions to meet the needs of students with ADHD, including managing difficult behaviour, transitions, and social skills
- review real case studies that demonstrate the management of ADHD in the classroom from both perspectives i.e. the student and the teacher.
Who is this course for?
We’ve designed this course for people who work with children and young people including teachers, tutors, school leaders and those working in health services. We have also published a short course for parents of children with ADHD who are looking for more support and information.
How is this course delivered?
The course is delivered online. Participants are also required to attend three 75-minute face-to-face sessions in person or virtually, usually conducted after school.
How long does it take to complete the course?
It typically takes about 20 hours to complete the online component of this course. Participants are expected to complete the course in their own time over 10 weeks.
How much does it cost?
This course has been heavily subsidised as part of our ongoing commitment to building capability in schools. There is a $33 (incl. GST) course registration fee for all participants. Whole schools registering to do the course will be charged a one-day CRT rate.
How do I find out more?
Payment due prior to the commencement of the course. No refunds can be provided once your registration is confirmed.